This alert provides information on two key areas of risk in care organisations that will assist brokers to support clients with managing these risks and meeting insurance requirements.
- Clinical (Care) Governance
- Incident Management
CLINICAL GOVERNANCE – MANAGING CARE RISKS
- Brokers may be hearing more about the topic of “clinical governance”. Regulations are driving an increased focus on it.
- Clients in aged care and disability services have obligations to have a framework in place to support the delivery of complex care.
- Royal Commissions and inquiries have demonstrated these to be generally inadequate across care sectors.
- Poor clinical governance exposes insureds to increased risk of personal loss claims, director and officer liability claims, regulatory sanctions and harms to reputation.
- Our risk alert gives guidance on developing a clinical governance framework with video advice, tools and checklists.
INCIDENT MANAGEMENT – POLICIES, PROCEDURES & SYSTEMS
- Ansvar’s work with our care insureds has shown the quality and robustness of incident management policies, procedures and systems to be highly variable.
- This results higher risk of inadequate incident responses, delays in notifications and makes claims more challenging to defend.
- Insurability is at risk if insureds do not have a robust organisation-wide system for incident management.
- Our risk alert gives guidance on incident management and its role in good governance.
- Ansvar Risk can assist clients to review their incident systems and also connect to system providers if required.
Ansvar Risk is available to support our mutual clients. Contact one of our Senior Risk Consultants at email@example.com
Please ensure care sector clients are provided with this important risk alert.